Here is a roundup of the articles and tools added to the main Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies (C4LPT) site in May.
Articles/postings added to the Reading lists
I added 31 articles and resources to my selected reading in May. By feeding the titles into Wordle you can see that the dominant theme of the month was about the future role of the LMS. (Click the image below for the full size Wordle).
If you haven't got time to make your way through the whole list of articles, here are what I think are the 5 must-reads.
- Build trust, not control, The Performance Improvement blog, 3 May 2010
- Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh), Eric Qualman, Socialnomics, 5 May 2010
- LMS is no longer the centre of the universe, Harold Jarche, 5 May 2010
- When to LMS, Clark Quinn, Learnlets, 18 May 2010
- ID - Instructional design or interactivity design in an interconnected world, Charles Jennings, 28 May 2010
Tools added to the Directory of Learning Tools
Here are three tools added to the Directory last month:
- Micromobs - Start a micro-mob around a topic or group - Free, Hosted
Listed in Micro-blogging tools and Twitter apps section
- Sync.in - Sync.in is a web based word processor for people to
collaborate in real-time. Free/Commercial, Hosted
Listed in Document and presentation tools section
- Saywire - An
educational collaboration platform that fosters
individual /group learning through formal and informal
methods giving flexibility to students and teachers. £, Free Trial, Hosted
Listed in Instructional tools section
Latest tools listed in the Directory appears here.
State of Learning in the Workplace Today
This article has also been updated again this month in particular to reflect the discussions around the future role of the LMS.