Building and maintaining successful online communities takes time and effort. In this workshop we look at the importance of planning your community, different ways of launching it, and after the first flush of enthusiasm, making sure it remains dynamic and vibrant.
Suitable for anyone who wants to run an online community, e.g. a community of practice, a learning community or a community of interest.
Agenda This 5 week online workshop covers the following topics:
- Planning your online community : What to consider before you even start
- Launching your online community : Different approaches to getting things going
- Maintaining your online community : Ways to inspire interesting content and create an ongoing vibrant community atmosphere
- Measuring the health and success of your online community : Quantitative v qualitative metrics; activity v performance
- Your role as the Community Manager : What skills do you need
Please note this is not a traditional course. It is hosted in our social platform at the Modern Workplace Learning site. Each week a set of activities will be released, together with tips and tools and links to external readings and resources. You are invited to work through these activities as best suits you and fits in with your working life, and share your thoughts and experiences with the group. Please note, there are no synchronous activities, webinars, etc – which means that it is available for any timezone – and nothing is compulsory. You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week to this, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it. The Workshop will be facilitated by me and I will also be available to answer any questions you might have.
To find out more about this Workshop and the next time it will run, please go to: HOW TO SET UP AND RUN AN ONLINE COMMUNITY