Yesterday, 23 April 2010, YouTube celebrated its 5th birthday. Here are some postings about this occasion:
- Mashable's posting, Happy Birthday YouTube reminds us that YouTube now serves over 1 billion videos per day.
- Patrick Barkham The Guardian in YouTube: Five years on says: "YouTube has changed the world. It has also brought us breakdancing babies and a host of back-bedroom celebrities. So what's next for the world's third-biggest website?"
- A few days ealier, Techcrunch reviewed the Top 10 videos of all time
Here are some other useful YouTube resources I've collected over the last few years
- 100 best YouTube videos for teachers, John Costilla, Classroom 2.0, 14 August 2009
- The machine is (changing) us: YouTube and the politics of authenticity, video of Michael Wesch, YouTube, 16 July 2009
- Thanks to YouTube, professors are finding more audiences, Jeffrey R Young, Chronicle of Higher Education, 9 January 2008
- 80+ videos for tech. and media literacy, Alec Couros, 21 May 2009
- 10 things you can learn on YouTube, Associated Content, 22 July 2008
And here are a couple of interesting learning sites that make use of YouTube:
- Learn a Language on YouTube
- YouTube EDU - aggregates all the videos from more than 100 institutions of higher education around the US.